Author: Leslie Neri
- 1 cup farro
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed, ends discarded and cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup or more raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add farro to a pot on medium heat and toast grains about 3-4 minutes (until you can
- smell their nutty flavor). Toss to toast evenly.
- Once toasted add 2 cups water or organic vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low about 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- While farro is cooking, mix almonds and honey in a bowl (heat the honey a little to make it easier) and spread them on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes watching closely and turning so they don’t burn.
- Next add garlic, olive oil and asparagus to a pan and sauté over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- When everything is done, add farro to a plate, lay asparagus over and top with almonds.