Warm Black-Eyed Peas, Broccoli & Brown Rice Bowl
Author: Leslie Neri
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 large crown broccoli, chopped
- ¾ cup dry black-eyed peas (prepared) or 2 cans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (I use Frank’s original)
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Bring rice and 2 ¼ cups water to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for 40 minutes.
- To a large sauté pan, add coconut oil, broccoli, beans and spices.
- Saute for 5-7 minutes until broccoli is tender but still has a little crunch.
- Add cashew butter, hot sauce and sesame oil and mix until everything is coated.
- Spoon cooked rice into a bowl. Top with pea and broccoli mixture.
- Garnish with a little salt, pepper and sesame seeds. Add more hot sauce if desired.