Author: Leslie Neri
- 5-6 medium yukon gold potatoes
- 2 leeks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 cups stock or water
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Remove white parts of stems on leeks and discard. Chop the rest of the leeks and soak in a bowl of water to remove dirt.
- Give potatoes, garlic and onion all a rough chop.
- Add a couple tablespoons olive oil, garlic, onion and leeks to a large pot. Saute on medium-low until onions start to turn translucent.
- Add all other ingredients and bring everything to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low until potatoes are soft.
- Remove herb stems and bay leaves.
- Use a hand blender to puree or let cool and transfer to a food processor in batches.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Use less liquid for a thicker soup and add more to make it thinner.