Mushroom Walnut Pesto Crostini
Author: Leslie Neri
- About 3 cups crimini mushrooms (or any kind you like)
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful Italian parsley
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese)
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 baguette
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp cloth and chop into quarters.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Once boiling add mushrooms and boil for 15 minutes.
- Strain mushrooms out and reserve the mushroom stock for future use if desired.
- Add everything except olive oil to a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Drizzle olive oil in until pesto is smooth and creamy.
- Slice bread and toast.
- Top with mushroom pesto and serve warm.
Adapted from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/mushroom-pesto-crostini-recipe.html