Author: Leslie Neri
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1-2 tablespoons extra version olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon mild or hot curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup dry (prepared) or 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsedcorn tortillas (or sprouted grain for an even healthier version)
- Optional Toppings:
- Lettuce, tomato, red pepper, avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
- Place cut side down on baking sheet and add a cup or more of water to fill up the bottom of the pan.
- Bake until tender about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place quinoa and 1 cup water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add garlic, curry paste and a little oil to a large pan on medium-low.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes and then scoop out roasted squash and add to the pan.
- Turn heat off and mix well so the curry covers the squash evenly.
- Assemble tortillas with beans, quinoa, curried squash and favorite toppings.